Saturday, March 23, 2013

Brief Update

Executive Recruiter
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/10/11/....
No Copyright Infringement Intended
Much of my time is spent volunteering and networking, with the goal of ultimately finding a paying position that best fits my skill set.  My  true talents lie within the administration of payroll and benefits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, scheduling,  and bookkeeping tasks - my mind is designed to work at its best within the structure that numbers provide.

I spoke with a recruiter on Friday (03/22/2013) about a position  that would utilize my experience, but was ultimately offered another, one that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my strengths.

Both Goodreads and BrainyQuote attribute the following quote to the Chinese philosopher Confucius (551 - 479 BC):
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Let me be honest with you:  this does not seem to me as though it will fall into the "love" category, but I want to give it a shot.  In fact, my exact response was "I would like to have the opportunity to fail, so that I can turn it into the opportunity to succeed."  We'll see what happens.

Have you ever taken on a responsibility knowing that it played more to your weaknesses than to  your strengths?  Please share your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment